Monday, January 11, 2010

Declaration of Financial Empowerment


We didn't put up a post yesterday. We thought we would save our 2-cents for today. This will be a relatively quick and simple post to offer financial affirmations for 2010. "From this day forward, I/We declare my/our vigilant and lifelong commitment to financial empowerment and hereby pledge the following:"
  • 1. I/we will use home ownership as a foundation to build wealth.
  • 2. I/we will be proactive in managing my/our budget, credit debt and tax obligations.
  • 3. I/we will maximize my/our earning potential, live within my/our means, and commit to save and invest at least 10% of my income.
  • 4. I/we will ensure that my/our investments are properly diversified and correspond to my/our financial goal.
  • 5. I/we will immediately commit to a program of retirement planning and investing.
  • 6. I/we will preserve and protect my/our assets through proper financial and insurance planning.
  • 7. I/we will ensure that my/our children receive a thorough education on financial matters and business issues.
  • 8. I/we will ensure that my/our wealth is passed on to future generations through proper estate planning.
  • 9. I/we will actively support the creation and growth of viable, socially aware, and community centered owned businesses.
  • 10. I/we will use a portion of my wealth to strengthen my/our community and place/s of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Lost In Translation