Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Avatar on the Fringe


Well, the talk of the town is .........Avatar! Well, you know me, I was watching it in the comort of ho.......wait, no.......I was at the IMAX, yeah at the IMAX and I made an internal observation that the movie was a statement about indigenous people and the way that the "Man" has historically stripped the people from there land and then stripped the land all in pursuit of riches. OK, that part I get, so we get it, move on. Then..... we threw in the nature, mother earth angle and how we have to be one with nature and if we listen we can hear and we will learn how to better live with one another in harmony, yeah right! The damn movie has grossed over a billion dollars. Look peeps, its a movie meant to give you an escape from the real world and we pay dearly for that escape. Keep your money, you'll need it for rising gas prices! ~c~

1 comment:

  1. Well, I enjoyed Avatar but being seriously involved in the discipline of Anthropology, I understand why the controversy or rather the discussions are all over the web. Instead of focusing on the "could-be" negatives we should use this as an opportunity to dialogue.

    ReplyDelete

Not Lost In Translation